Friday, May 9, 2008

Don't you wish you were so cool to wear this helmet?

I don't know if you heard yet or not, but I got Plagiocephaly. Now, I know you are asking yourself what the heck that is, right? I'm not a doctor or anything (yet) but from what I understood from hearing everyone talk about it this is the low down: Plagiocephaly is a flat or malformed skull, sometimes caused by the unintended side effect of the “back to sleep” campaign to prevent SIDS. Some research that my mom and dad found shows that plagiocephaly affects at least one in 60 babies, compared with one in 300 in 1974. Now, everybody said to my mom and dad "oh, that will go away on it's own!" But, they did a lot of looking at articles and stuff and found out that out of 200 babies with it, 1 in 30 still had it after two years (when the head is not as soft as it is for me right now). Now, I am a lucky little boy but I don't like those odds! And neither did my parents, so here we go - helmet time! I should be in and out of it in less than two months and then I'll be beating those ladies away with a stick with my big sexy round head! Then, when I'm older, I won't have to worry about crew cuts (cuz you know I'll have one). Or about football or motorcylce helmets fitting me. (Don't tell my mom about the motorcycle.) I know that I'll be really thankful to my mom and dad for making this hard decision. I think it is probably harder on my mom than it is on my right now anyway - I'm pretty sure she has some mommy guilt going on but I just keep smilin at her so she knows I love her!! And I do kind of look like a tough little guy, don't I?